I was
making the bed in the spare room and I noticed that the comforter had really faded since I received it as a Christmas gift from my mother.. 4 or 5 years ago? I had actually seen the set in the Sears catalogue and fell in love with it, and begged and begged for it! Oddly enough, that same year before I had actually gotten the gift, my grandmother, without knowing how much I loved it, found the exact same fabric at a fabric store!! When she showed me the fabric she had bought to make me a quilt I was stunned!! She was never actually able to make the quilt, so instead she gave me the fabric. I placed it on top of the same pattern of the comforter and noticed the shocking difference!
Not only did the fabric shrink quite a bit, but all the gold detailing is long gone, and the color has faded quite
substantially! Maybe now that I have more time on my hands I can attempt making the quilt myself? Who knows!

No comments:
Post a Comment